Sunday, November 15, 2009

State Wrap Up

I've had so many thoughts in my head since State that I had to put it on the blog.

Our experience was so thrilling and so heartbreaking at the same time. There's really a positive and a negative way to look at how the season ended.

On the positive side, the team made it to the championship match!! They have never made it that far before! Overall, they took 2nd in State. That's nothing to be ashamed of.

When I look back at the season, this team has so much to be proud of.

I think about how well they played each match during the regular season, how they won each match so effortlessly.

I think about how they were District Champions and how they swept their way into Regionals.

Then I think about Regionals and how they earned the right to host and how they beat every team again making them Regional Champions too.

Then I think about State, and how on Friday, they beat both teams in just 3 games. On Saturday, in the semi-finals, they played amazingly well, and won a game when they were down 21-12. Who does that? Who wins a game when they're down 21-12?

I think the highlight of the season for me was the semi-finals match. Again, it was incredible to watch!!

On the negative side, they didn't play their best game, even close to their best game in the championship match. I think they were a little star-struck, nervous, and jittery. They lost the championship match in 3 games. :(

It's so hard not to think about how the match could have played out if the team had played their very best. The team they lost to was good, they were very good, but so were we.

We were so close we could taste it.

I've never been depressed about sports or a game (or in this case, a match)... until now. I've never cheered so loud. I had never before lost an appetite from nervousness or been so nervous that I was shaking. I had never cried over a game or match before. I did all of these things this weekend. I was so emotionally invested in this team.

If you've ever been this close to a championship before, you know how it stings. How you keep playing the game (the match) over and over again in your head. You keep asking yourself how it ended the way it did.

I know Caleb loved this team and he will miss the Seniors dearly. I know how much time and emotion he has invested in this team, and that he is feeling everything I am, only 100 times more.

I also know that eventually, in time, the sting and the emotions will wear off and we will look back at this season as a great one!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

You're right, 2nd in state is NOTHING to be ashamed of. It was so much fun getting to experience it with the team and you guys.
I kept thinking about that last match yesterday too...

About Me

My Photo
I am a daughter of the King. Saved by grace. Follower of Christ. I love my God and I believe that he is faithful and true to his word! I'm still figuring out and trying to follow his plan for my life. I am a wife to my best friend Caleb, a mother to my miracle babies (they are my greatest joy and challenge), a sister and best friend to 3 passionate women, and a daughter to 2 amazing parents that continue to teach me what it is to be real and faithful to God and his word. I am lucky to get to be a stay at home Mom (thanks to God's provision). I love music, singing, coffee, cooking, baking, traveling, our beautiful state of Colorado, and mostly being with the family and friends that I love!

Husband, Caleb

Husband, Caleb
Caleb is an amazing husband and father. He is always so good to me. He is my best friend. He is the romantic one. We love to laugh and spend time together. We've been married for 7 years and I just love that I get to spend the rest of my life with him.

Our 1st Miracle

Our 1st Miracle
Elliana Faith... God blessed us with our first miracle little girl in December 2008. She is sweet, smart, spunky, funny, strong willed, precocious, extremely outgoing, vocal and so full of life! She brings us so much joy.

Our 2nd Miracle

Our 2nd Miracle
Ethan James,.. God blessed us with our little boy in March 2011. Ethan was a bit of a surprise and an even bigger miraclle. Ethan is ALL BOY! He is very active, into sports and running around. He is also sweet, introverted, affectionate, and laid back. These days he often has us laughing, he's starting to show a little bit of "clown" in him. He makes our hearts happy too. :)

Our 3rd Miracle

Our 3rd Miracle
Emsley Jeannette... Our surprise baby girl was born on June 11th, 2013 and came into the world 4 weeks early. Her first 2 weeks of life were spent in the NICU, but due to God's hands and the prayers of many people, she grew quickly and came home to join our family! She is an easy, sweet baby and we are enjoying getting to know her personality.

Sisters

Sisters
We fight one day and then the next day we're fine. We're always loud and crazy when we get together. We're very passionate. We've been through it all together, lots of ups and downs. We're eachother's biggest supporters.

Followers

Designed By:


Munchkin Land Designs


Credits

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved