Monday, August 3, 2009

Our Story

Caleb and I met in high school through our church youth group. In high school we were only friends. We became much closer friends when all of our other friends moved away for college and we both got involved in our church's college and career group. My feelings for him started to change when I realized that I was feeling jealous when other girls were interested in him. During that time God opened my eyes to show me that Caleb posessed every quality that I had been praying for in a husband. Caleb is kind, thoughtful, funny, romantic, a strong Christian and leader, etc. He's an amazing man and I feel so blessed to be married to him. We began dating in February of 2003. We dated for 2 1/2 years and we were engaged in October of 2004. We had a 9 month engagement and got married on July 2, 2005.





After being married for a little over a year, we decided to start trying to get pregnant. We knew it wouldn't be easy for us to get pregnant because of my PCOS. Our time of trying to get pregnant was very hard for us. After trying for almost a year, a long year of many tears and prayers, we finally got pregnant. Unfortunately we lost that baby 1 week after finding out we were pregnant. We took some time off and then started trying again. About 6 months after the miscarriage we found out we were pregnant again in March of 2008! I was much more scared this time around, but I prayed and relied on God's word daily to get me through the pregnancy.




After a long, mostly easy prenancy (praise God) Elliana Faith was born to us on December 14, 2008. We chose the name Elliana because it means "The Lord has answered our prayer". We chose the middle name Faith for two reasons. One, Faith is the name of the church where Caleb and I met and are still members today, and two, because of our faith in God.

Elliana with her Daddy on her birthday.

Elliana with me when she was 7 days old. This was at my sister Courtney's wedding.


Our new family.

Caleb and I have both said that the time that we had to deal with my infertility, miscarriage, and pregnancy was the closest we've ever felt to God. We also grew much stronger as a couple. It was a hard time, but it brought us so close to God and made our relationships with him so much more real. We strongly believe that he is faithful and that his word is true. That is why I chose this title for my blog. We don't know what the future holds for our family, but we know we want to face the future walking closely with our Lord, and trusting him.
Photobucket

5 comments:

Courtney said...

First of all, I LOVE that picture on the end. Very cute!
Second, I had a horrible dream about the two of you last night and let's just say Caleb was NOT my favorite brother-in-law. =)

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

Christine,
I love your story and I applaud you for sharing it. I'm sure you will be able to touch someone else's struggle through it. You are a beautiful woman of strength and I love you!
Jenn

Anonymous said...

Christine-
I will join your two sisters above. First, I LOVE all the pictures, including those of the wedding and the latest of the three of you! And second, I think sharing your story about your struggles with infertility with honesty and faith will be a blessing to others also. I know that God will use you two in the journey you have been in to encourage others.
I love you, Mom

Stephanie Dean said...

Christine-
I loved reading your blog and your story! It is so touching, and I am so excited to keep up with yet another Sanchez sister. Your daughter is so beautiful!!!

Amanda said...

Christine~
Your sister, Jenn, turned me to your blog tonight since we have similar stories. Thank you for sharing your story going through PCOS because my husband and I are at that painful year and 1/2 mark of nothingness. Seeing your beautiful family is so uplifting and wonderful to see a positive story! Congratulations on the newest addition!

About Me

My Photo
I am a daughter of the King. Saved by grace. Follower of Christ. I love my God and I believe that he is faithful and true to his word! I'm still figuring out and trying to follow his plan for my life. I am a wife to my best friend Caleb, a mother to my miracle babies (they are my greatest joy and challenge), a sister and best friend to 3 passionate women, and a daughter to 2 amazing parents that continue to teach me what it is to be real and faithful to God and his word. I am lucky to get to be a stay at home Mom (thanks to God's provision). I love music, singing, coffee, cooking, baking, traveling, our beautiful state of Colorado, and mostly being with the family and friends that I love!

Husband, Caleb

Husband, Caleb
Caleb is an amazing husband and father. He is always so good to me. He is my best friend. He is the romantic one. We love to laugh and spend time together. We've been married for 7 years and I just love that I get to spend the rest of my life with him.

Our 1st Miracle

Our 1st Miracle
Elliana Faith... God blessed us with our first miracle little girl in December 2008. She is sweet, smart, spunky, funny, strong willed, precocious, extremely outgoing, vocal and so full of life! She brings us so much joy.

Our 2nd Miracle

Our 2nd Miracle
Ethan James,.. God blessed us with our little boy in March 2011. Ethan was a bit of a surprise and an even bigger miraclle. Ethan is ALL BOY! He is very active, into sports and running around. He is also sweet, introverted, affectionate, and laid back. These days he often has us laughing, he's starting to show a little bit of "clown" in him. He makes our hearts happy too. :)

Our 3rd Miracle

Our 3rd Miracle
Emsley Jeannette... Our surprise baby girl was born on June 11th, 2013 and came into the world 4 weeks early. Her first 2 weeks of life were spent in the NICU, but due to God's hands and the prayers of many people, she grew quickly and came home to join our family! She is an easy, sweet baby and we are enjoying getting to know her personality.

Sisters

Sisters
We fight one day and then the next day we're fine. We're always loud and crazy when we get together. We're very passionate. We've been through it all together, lots of ups and downs. We're eachother's biggest supporters.

Followers

Designed By:


Munchkin Land Designs


Credits

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved