Thursday, February 21, 2013

It's A....

healthy baby!

We had our 20 week ultrasound this past Tuesday and we're happy to report that all went well and we succeeded in not finding out the gender, which is actually turning out to be a little harder on me than I expected.

Since we weren't finding out the gender this time around, all we really wanted to hear is that the baby looks healthy and all looks as it should. Thankfully, that is exactly what we got to hear. Praise God!

I'll have a follow up appointment next week with my Dr. and she'll read the official report, but sounds like from what the technician told us it should be a very normal report.

Even though we didn't have the fun of finding out if we're adding a boy or girl to the family, it was still a fun ultrasound and we still got to know a little bit about this child.

The technician kept commenting on how active this baby is and she begged it to hold still multiple times so she could get the measurements and photos that she needed to. She laughed and commented that at the beginning of the ultrasound the baby's head was down and feet were up and half way through, the baby had completely flipped and was feet down and head up. I was hoping that at least one of my children would be calm and not crazy active, but I guess God had other plans. Looks like I'll be spending the next few years chasing little ones and keeping them out of danger. ;)



The other comment that I remember was when the tech said "this child either loves to talk or eat because he/she is continually opening and shutting it's mouth". She even got a short video of the baby's mouth constantly opening and shutting. That was fun!

Other than  being very squirmy, baby was cooperative enough to let us get some great photos!






I left the ultrasound really excited and anxious to meet this little one and I really don't want to wait another 18-20 weeks. :( Oh well, a little patience is good for all of us I guess. 

I've been asked many times if I want a boy or a girl, and if I had to answer honestly I was saying that I wanted a girl, until recently.

I've been spending a lot of quality time with my kiddos and I've really, REALLY been enjoying them. :)

If we had a girl, I'm sure I would get more of dressing up, baking, cooking, painting toenails, talking and twirling. I would get even more girl time (which I love) and Elliana would be over the moon to get to "mother" a baby girl. I love my Ellie, and I know what I'm doing when it comes to hanging out with little girls. 


But I've been getting to have a lot more fun with Ethan lately too. Sure, boys are a whole new level of crazy and high energy, but they can also be sweet, affectionate, and a different kind of fun. One evening last week Ethan placed his hands on each side of my face and planted a big ol' kiss on me, and then he ran off to play. It melted my heart. Recently Ethan and I have been having fun making funny faces at each other and making each other laugh. Ethan's vocabulary is taking off and he can communicate really well now. 



I still feel sometimes that I'm in unfamiliar territory when it comes to raising a boy, but I'm enjoying learning.

So, all that's to say I really don't think I care if we bring home a boy or a girl this summer. Either way, it sounds like this baby is going to be just as active and just as much "trouble" as these two: ;-)


2 comments:

Courtney said...

I'm just going to throw it out there and say that I'm not a fan of this whole "wanting to be surprised with the gender" thing. I am DYING to find out even though I have my guess. =)
I'm so happy everything looked great at your appointment and I can't wait to meet the newest little addition to our family this summer.

Kristen said...

One of my favorite memories of your family is after volleyball games when you would let Ellie go running across the gym to Caleb. I'm sad I will not be a part of Ellie, Ethan, and Baby Howard #3 running across the court! I'm so glad to hear everything is going so well!

About Me

My Photo
I am a daughter of the King. Saved by grace. Follower of Christ. I love my God and I believe that he is faithful and true to his word! I'm still figuring out and trying to follow his plan for my life. I am a wife to my best friend Caleb, a mother to my miracle babies (they are my greatest joy and challenge), a sister and best friend to 3 passionate women, and a daughter to 2 amazing parents that continue to teach me what it is to be real and faithful to God and his word. I am lucky to get to be a stay at home Mom (thanks to God's provision). I love music, singing, coffee, cooking, baking, traveling, our beautiful state of Colorado, and mostly being with the family and friends that I love!

Husband, Caleb

Husband, Caleb
Caleb is an amazing husband and father. He is always so good to me. He is my best friend. He is the romantic one. We love to laugh and spend time together. We've been married for 7 years and I just love that I get to spend the rest of my life with him.

Our 1st Miracle

Our 1st Miracle
Elliana Faith... God blessed us with our first miracle little girl in December 2008. She is sweet, smart, spunky, funny, strong willed, precocious, extremely outgoing, vocal and so full of life! She brings us so much joy.

Our 2nd Miracle

Our 2nd Miracle
Ethan James,.. God blessed us with our little boy in March 2011. Ethan was a bit of a surprise and an even bigger miraclle. Ethan is ALL BOY! He is very active, into sports and running around. He is also sweet, introverted, affectionate, and laid back. These days he often has us laughing, he's starting to show a little bit of "clown" in him. He makes our hearts happy too. :)

Our 3rd Miracle

Our 3rd Miracle
Emsley Jeannette... Our surprise baby girl was born on June 11th, 2013 and came into the world 4 weeks early. Her first 2 weeks of life were spent in the NICU, but due to God's hands and the prayers of many people, she grew quickly and came home to join our family! She is an easy, sweet baby and we are enjoying getting to know her personality.

Sisters

Sisters
We fight one day and then the next day we're fine. We're always loud and crazy when we get together. We're very passionate. We've been through it all together, lots of ups and downs. We're eachother's biggest supporters.

Followers

Designed By:


Munchkin Land Designs


Credits

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved