Monday, March 24, 2014

Emsley at 9 Months

I'm a bit late in posting Emsley's 9 month post. But we've been busy since returning from Vegas. Last week was busy since it was spring break, and now I'm dealing with some mysterious pain in my right wrist and hand. Oh well, that's another post for another day...

Back to our sweet baby girl. Em, I apologize for not having more or better quality pictures for this month. Like I said, we've been busy AND I've taken a few photos with the ipad. They are not great. :(

Emsley, this is what you are like at 9 months old:

~You weigh 16 pounds, 6 ounces (18th percentile) and you are 25.5 Inches tall (1st percentile). You dropped off of your growth curve for height this month, but the Dr. isn't concerned. She thinks you're about to hit a growth spurt. Besides, nobody would be surprised if you end up being small like your brother and sister. Although, you are now officially bigger than Ellie was at 1 year!

~You are still wearing size 3 diapers.

~You began wearing 9 months in clothing this month.

~You are eating solid foods like a champ! You love all baby foods (you are not picky).You started picking up cheerios and feeding yourself a bit this month. You also started feeding yourself a little cheese and cut up banana. So far you do not like the yogurt we tried.

~You still take about 4-6 bottles a day. First thing in the morning, between meals, and at bedtime. I so miss our nursing days.

~You have a lot of hair! So much, that we've started putting bows in your hair (YAY).


~Exactly on your 9 month birthday (March 11th), you officially started crawling, and you crawled across the floor for the first time! You're still getting the hang of it, and when you're tired, you'll go back to rolling again. I'm sure you'll get faster and stronger the more you practice.


~You FINALLY became healthy again this month! We began weaning you from the nebulizer treatments and you're doing quite well.

~You began babbling (a lot) this month. You can say "Ma-ma-ma", "Da-da-da" and occasionally "Ba-ba". I hate to admit it, but your favorite thing to say is Da-da.

~You have become a great sleeper at night! You typically do 10-12 hours in your pack n play.

~You either take 1 short morning nap (less than 1 hour) plus on longish nap in the afternoon, or you take one really long nap in the afternoon (2-4 hours). Your siblings still interrupt your sleep a lot. Poor girl, you never get as much sleep as you want or need. Yes, you are sensitive to sleep like me and Ethan, and when you don't get enough it really changes your mood.

~When you are well rested and fed, you are a very happy and laid back baby. You love to smile and giggle.

~Speaking of giggling, nothing makes you laugh more than watching your brother and sister. You are developing great relationships with both Ellie and Ethan, and your relationship with each one is unique. I hope you 3 are always close.

~We are still waiting to see some teeth. You've been teething like crazy for months, and you drool quite a bit. I don't see any teeth poking through just yet, but I'm sure we will soon.

~You love to be on the floor to play, and occasionally in the exersaucer. For the most part you want to be independent though, which means being free of swings and exersaucers.

~You still love baths and they continue to cheer you up when you are getting sleepy and grumpy for bed. You love to splash and play in the water.

~You have started getting separation anxiety this month and you cry whenever I leave the room. You are definitely a "mama's girl" and you like to be held by me or by my side most of the time.

Nicknames: Em, baby sister and baby girl.

Emsley, I simply can not believe you are already 3/4 of the way through your first year!You bring all of us so much joy and laughter. I'm excited to learn more about who God created you to be!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Happy 9 months Em!

About Me

My Photo
I am a daughter of the King. Saved by grace. Follower of Christ. I love my God and I believe that he is faithful and true to his word! I'm still figuring out and trying to follow his plan for my life. I am a wife to my best friend Caleb, a mother to my miracle babies (they are my greatest joy and challenge), a sister and best friend to 3 passionate women, and a daughter to 2 amazing parents that continue to teach me what it is to be real and faithful to God and his word. I am lucky to get to be a stay at home Mom (thanks to God's provision). I love music, singing, coffee, cooking, baking, traveling, our beautiful state of Colorado, and mostly being with the family and friends that I love!

Husband, Caleb

Husband, Caleb
Caleb is an amazing husband and father. He is always so good to me. He is my best friend. He is the romantic one. We love to laugh and spend time together. We've been married for 7 years and I just love that I get to spend the rest of my life with him.

Our 1st Miracle

Our 1st Miracle
Elliana Faith... God blessed us with our first miracle little girl in December 2008. She is sweet, smart, spunky, funny, strong willed, precocious, extremely outgoing, vocal and so full of life! She brings us so much joy.

Our 2nd Miracle

Our 2nd Miracle
Ethan James,.. God blessed us with our little boy in March 2011. Ethan was a bit of a surprise and an even bigger miraclle. Ethan is ALL BOY! He is very active, into sports and running around. He is also sweet, introverted, affectionate, and laid back. These days he often has us laughing, he's starting to show a little bit of "clown" in him. He makes our hearts happy too. :)

Our 3rd Miracle

Our 3rd Miracle
Emsley Jeannette... Our surprise baby girl was born on June 11th, 2013 and came into the world 4 weeks early. Her first 2 weeks of life were spent in the NICU, but due to God's hands and the prayers of many people, she grew quickly and came home to join our family! She is an easy, sweet baby and we are enjoying getting to know her personality.

Sisters

Sisters
We fight one day and then the next day we're fine. We're always loud and crazy when we get together. We're very passionate. We've been through it all together, lots of ups and downs. We're eachother's biggest supporters.

Followers

Designed By:


Munchkin Land Designs


Credits

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved