Friday, March 5, 2010

My Two Cents

I realize I'm probably the last person to blog about this. I'm sure many people have already blogged about the oh-so-disappointing Bachelor finale last Monday night. I just wanted to add my two cents and also add that overall, I'm hugely disappointed in some of my favorite TV shows this year.

Okay, first of all, The Bachelor. Are you kidding me Jake?
1) How could you pick Vienna, especially when you had some quality women to choose from (Tenley)
and 2) How could you state that you were "following your heart"?
I think it was quite obvious to the entire world that you were following something else.



I had a paragraph here that I decided to take out because the more I read it, the more I realized how seriously judgemental I sounded. I really don't like when I come across as judgemental. I am still disappointed in this last season of The Bachelor, but as far as Jake goes, it's his life and he can choose to spend it with whoever he wants.

After seasons like this one and the previous Bachelor, I have to ask myself why I still like this show. I'm not sure. I guess I just find it entertaining even if the outcome is disappointing. I'm sure I'll keep watching anyway. ;)

And then, there's American Idol. It's not that I've necessarily been disappointed in anything, it's just that I usually have a "favorite" by now. Someone that really sticks out to me and someone I can root for. This has been the first year that we've been this far into the season and I don't have a favorite.



Oh well, I guess there's still time. I do have a few that are beginning to grow on me. I guess I'll just have to stay tuned as they say. I'm sure someone will become one of my favorites soon enough.

And last but not least there's The Office. This has been up and down for me this season. It started out very low on the scale. I think my feelings toward the show changed when Jim became a co-manager. He was way too serious. He is a much better character when he doesn't care as much about his job. I also just really didn't like who Jim and Pam were becoming. I was all but ready to throw in the towel on The Office.



But, in recent weeks, the show seems to have taken a turn for the better. How could you not want to follow this favorite TV couple?



The last few episodes have been like the old Office and I am loving it! Last night was one of the best episodes I've seen in a long time. Caleb and I laughed. a. lot.



It was kind of scary how real and accurate the episode was. It brought back a lot of memories for me and Caleb when Elliana was first born. I think if I had seen last night's episode before having Elliana, I would have been terrified.

Ah, it's so good to have the old Office back.

As much as I just vented about all my favorite TV shows on here, I still enjoy watching them. Even when I am a little disappointed in the outcome of a season. In the end, I'm going to watch the shows anyway.

I guess you can say that these TV shows have me hooked, for better or for worse.

Shoot.

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Too funny! Love your spring look BTW.

Courtney said...

I completely agree about the office!! It was sooo good this week and reminded me of the old office

Christina said...

You must think your uncle is awesome after who he picked to marry... (HAHA)

About Me

My Photo
I am a daughter of the King. Saved by grace. Follower of Christ. I love my God and I believe that he is faithful and true to his word! I'm still figuring out and trying to follow his plan for my life. I am a wife to my best friend Caleb, a mother to my miracle babies (they are my greatest joy and challenge), a sister and best friend to 3 passionate women, and a daughter to 2 amazing parents that continue to teach me what it is to be real and faithful to God and his word. I am lucky to get to be a stay at home Mom (thanks to God's provision). I love music, singing, coffee, cooking, baking, traveling, our beautiful state of Colorado, and mostly being with the family and friends that I love!

Husband, Caleb

Husband, Caleb
Caleb is an amazing husband and father. He is always so good to me. He is my best friend. He is the romantic one. We love to laugh and spend time together. We've been married for 7 years and I just love that I get to spend the rest of my life with him.

Our 1st Miracle

Our 1st Miracle
Elliana Faith... God blessed us with our first miracle little girl in December 2008. She is sweet, smart, spunky, funny, strong willed, precocious, extremely outgoing, vocal and so full of life! She brings us so much joy.

Our 2nd Miracle

Our 2nd Miracle
Ethan James,.. God blessed us with our little boy in March 2011. Ethan was a bit of a surprise and an even bigger miraclle. Ethan is ALL BOY! He is very active, into sports and running around. He is also sweet, introverted, affectionate, and laid back. These days he often has us laughing, he's starting to show a little bit of "clown" in him. He makes our hearts happy too. :)

Our 3rd Miracle

Our 3rd Miracle
Emsley Jeannette... Our surprise baby girl was born on June 11th, 2013 and came into the world 4 weeks early. Her first 2 weeks of life were spent in the NICU, but due to God's hands and the prayers of many people, she grew quickly and came home to join our family! She is an easy, sweet baby and we are enjoying getting to know her personality.

Sisters

Sisters
We fight one day and then the next day we're fine. We're always loud and crazy when we get together. We're very passionate. We've been through it all together, lots of ups and downs. We're eachother's biggest supporters.

Followers

Designed By:


Munchkin Land Designs


Credits

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved