Monday, November 14, 2011

Giving Thanks

I recently commented on good ol' facebook that it seems a lot of people are getting into the Christmas spirit early this year. I've already seen many commercials, people talking about listening to Christmas music since November 1st, people decorating already, and even a little Christmas baking has begun.

I'm not judging or complaining, and I'm definitely not trying to be a scrooge. I LOVE Christmas just as much as the next person. But I haven't felt that "deck the halls" itch just yet.


Teehee. I saw this cartoon and couldn't resist putting it on here.

Well, maybe I wouldn't mind listening to a Christmas song or two. Seriously, one month a year is just not long enough to listen to some of the most classic, beautiful songs ever written. Oh yeah, and I guess my Christmas design has been up for some time too. Okay, so I guess I have my feet wet but I just haven't gone swimming.

Since we're still 10 days away from Thanksgiving, I thought I would give that holiday some love. :)

I wanted to list just a few of the many things I'm thankful for.

1. First and foremost, I'm thankful for a loving God and for my savior Jesus Christ. I don't even like to think about where I would be in this world without him. I'm thankful for his grace and his mercies that are new every morning.



2. I'm thankful for loving parents that raised me in a Christian home. I'm also thankful that they showed me that God truly is faithful and you can overcome every hardship with God's help. I'm thankful that they've stayed committed to each other in "the good times and bad, in sickness and in health".



3. I'm thankful for my three lovely, beautiful sisters that are my best friends. I'm thankful that we can hold each other accountable and also be each other's biggest fans. I'm thankful for all that we've been through together and that I can call any one of them if I'm in need of anything.







4. I'm thankful for my husband. For my loving, patient, BEST best friend, sexy husband. We've been through so much together and he is still the first person I want to talk to when anything happens. I'm thankful for the almost 9 years we've been together. He has become even more amazing as I've watched him in his role of "Daddy".









5. I'm thankful for my miracle babies. I'm thankful for Elliana and the crazy, full of life, full of joy and energy little girl that she is. Yes, I'm even thankful for her strong will because I know God will use that too. I'm thankful for Ethan and the sweet, laid back, happy baby boy that he is. I'm thankful that as he gets older I'll get to know him more. Mostly I'm just thankful that God gave me the greatest gift in fulfilling my dream of becoming a mom, especially when I once thought it wouldn't be possible.







6. I'm thankful for all of my extended family. Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, Nieces, and nephews. I always have SOOOO much fun when we're all together. Don't know what I'd do without them.



7. I'm thankful for amazing in-laws. Both my parents-in-law and siblings-in-law. My parents-in-law have been so good to us and I know they would and have come running anytime we've ever needed anything. I'm also thankful for all of my siblings-in-law. It's so fun to have more brothers and sisters now. :)





8. I'm thankful for my church. For the life lessons I've learned from that church, and for the friendships that have come out of that church, new and old.



9. I'm thankful for my health and the health of my loved ones.

10. I'm thankful for Caleb's job and for all that it provides. I'm thankful that Caleb loves what he does for a living, and that he gets to impact the lives of high schoolers. I'm thankful that every once in a while, I get to be a part of that too.



More to come later... God is so faithful!



4 comments:

Courtney said...

Ok. I love this. I haven't felt the Christmas itch yet either, I'm still waiting to get excited for Thanksgiving! I can't believe it's next week because the Holidays don't feel like they're here. Maybe when we start decorating our houses we will start to get excited.
Great list Chris!

Kelsey said...

What a great list of things to be thankful for! And I told Courtney this when I was looking at pictures at your parents' house, but you looked stunning on your wedding day!!

Kelsey said...

I don't think my last sentence really made sense...basically, every time I've seen your wedding photos I am awestruck by how absolutely gorgeous you looked!

Momof4Girls said...

Christine, I LOVED this post! What a precious heart you have, honey!! =) We are thankful for YOU! Thank you for sharing all you are thankful for!!
We love you,
Mom and Dad

About Me

My Photo
I am a daughter of the King. Saved by grace. Follower of Christ. I love my God and I believe that he is faithful and true to his word! I'm still figuring out and trying to follow his plan for my life. I am a wife to my best friend Caleb, a mother to my miracle babies (they are my greatest joy and challenge), a sister and best friend to 3 passionate women, and a daughter to 2 amazing parents that continue to teach me what it is to be real and faithful to God and his word. I am lucky to get to be a stay at home Mom (thanks to God's provision). I love music, singing, coffee, cooking, baking, traveling, our beautiful state of Colorado, and mostly being with the family and friends that I love!

Husband, Caleb

Husband, Caleb
Caleb is an amazing husband and father. He is always so good to me. He is my best friend. He is the romantic one. We love to laugh and spend time together. We've been married for 7 years and I just love that I get to spend the rest of my life with him.

Our 1st Miracle

Our 1st Miracle
Elliana Faith... God blessed us with our first miracle little girl in December 2008. She is sweet, smart, spunky, funny, strong willed, precocious, extremely outgoing, vocal and so full of life! She brings us so much joy.

Our 2nd Miracle

Our 2nd Miracle
Ethan James,.. God blessed us with our little boy in March 2011. Ethan was a bit of a surprise and an even bigger miraclle. Ethan is ALL BOY! He is very active, into sports and running around. He is also sweet, introverted, affectionate, and laid back. These days he often has us laughing, he's starting to show a little bit of "clown" in him. He makes our hearts happy too. :)

Our 3rd Miracle

Our 3rd Miracle
Emsley Jeannette... Our surprise baby girl was born on June 11th, 2013 and came into the world 4 weeks early. Her first 2 weeks of life were spent in the NICU, but due to God's hands and the prayers of many people, she grew quickly and came home to join our family! She is an easy, sweet baby and we are enjoying getting to know her personality.

Sisters

Sisters
We fight one day and then the next day we're fine. We're always loud and crazy when we get together. We're very passionate. We've been through it all together, lots of ups and downs. We're eachother's biggest supporters.

Followers

Designed By:


Munchkin Land Designs


Credits

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved