Monday, November 21, 2011

A Milestone and an Achievement

Yesterday was somewhat of a big day in our house.

Just a few weeks before Elliana turns 3 years old, she finally got her first haircut. Pam, a friend from our church cuts hair out of her customer's own homes. It's one of her many jobs. So, after exchanging a few messages on fb, we set up an appointment for yesterday afternoon.

Poor Ellie has been short on sleep lately due to our crazy schedule. She was taking a nap and was in a deep sleep when Pam arrived. Since Ellie was still very tired I wasn't able to get any pictures of her showing her typical huge grin during the haircut. :(



Don't mistake that face for being scared or annoyed, she was just sleepy.



All in all, the haircut went pretty well. Ellie was way more cooperative than I feared she'd be. Pam only took a couple of inches off the bottom of her hair. Now her hair looks SO much more healthy.





Although it was just a hairut, it made me a little sad. It was just another reminder that Ellie is becoming more like a little girl and less like a toddler/ baby every day. :(


In other news, after stepping on the scale yesterday, I can now say that I have officially and FINALLY lost every single pound gained from my pregnancy. :) That's 40 pounds total, 17 since I started working out last May. Woohoo!! Overall, I just feel a lot better about myself now.


This is not my stomach. I wish. Maybe someday... :)

It hasn't been easy losing the weight this time around, but I've never been so determined or dedicated. I'm going to continue working out at the gym 4-5 days a week and I hope to lose a lot more (I'm not quite ready to say exactly how much just yet).
I've really noticed a difference in myself in the way that I enjoy working out now (I used to hate it).



In fact, this Thursday, before getting together with family to enjoy our Thanksgiving feast, my sister Courtney and I are going to be walking/ jogging/ running in the Turkey Trot. It's a 5K race that the nearby town puts on every year.



I am NOT a runner, and I've never done a race before. I'm very realistic and I know I won't be running the whole time, but I'm excited to see how I do. Then, hopefully I can improve every year.

And on a completely unrelated subject, I've been trying out some new recipes lately. I've been on a lucky streak because I've liked everything I've tried. I put a couple of favorites on our cooking blog if you're interested in checking them out.

I don't know if I'll have time to blog between now and Thursday. I'm hoping to do another post on all of the things that I'm thankful for. There are SO many. I'm even thankful for blogs and for people that take the time to read my posts and stay caught up on our lives.

Either way, whether I'm able to get that post up or not, I hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving!



5 comments:

Tara Brown said...

Ellie's hair is darling (as is she)! and congratulations on your health goal accomplishments, so awesome! Have fun at the Turkey Trot!!! Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Kelsey said...

Congratulations on being back to your pre-pregnancy weight!! What a huge accomplishment! And I'm impressed that you and Court are going running on Thanksgiving day!

Becky said...

WOHOOOO!!!! Congratulations Christine, what a HUGE accomplishment! You look amazing and I'm so proud of your dedication! You're quite an inspiration my friend! =)

Courtney said...

Can I just say that I think Ellie looks more and more like you the older she gets?! Those pictures with her haircut look like the spitting image!
And I'm still not sure what we got ourselves into tomorrow but it should be fun! (Dad just called to tell me that he's coming to root us on!)
Can't wait to see you!

Michelle said...

Congrats on your achievement Christine! I love reading stuff like that because it encourages me to pick up my working out... 4-5 times a week?? I'm so jealous! That's awesome!

About Me

My Photo
I am a daughter of the King. Saved by grace. Follower of Christ. I love my God and I believe that he is faithful and true to his word! I'm still figuring out and trying to follow his plan for my life. I am a wife to my best friend Caleb, a mother to my miracle babies (they are my greatest joy and challenge), a sister and best friend to 3 passionate women, and a daughter to 2 amazing parents that continue to teach me what it is to be real and faithful to God and his word. I am lucky to get to be a stay at home Mom (thanks to God's provision). I love music, singing, coffee, cooking, baking, traveling, our beautiful state of Colorado, and mostly being with the family and friends that I love!

Husband, Caleb

Husband, Caleb
Caleb is an amazing husband and father. He is always so good to me. He is my best friend. He is the romantic one. We love to laugh and spend time together. We've been married for 7 years and I just love that I get to spend the rest of my life with him.

Our 1st Miracle

Our 1st Miracle
Elliana Faith... God blessed us with our first miracle little girl in December 2008. She is sweet, smart, spunky, funny, strong willed, precocious, extremely outgoing, vocal and so full of life! She brings us so much joy.

Our 2nd Miracle

Our 2nd Miracle
Ethan James,.. God blessed us with our little boy in March 2011. Ethan was a bit of a surprise and an even bigger miraclle. Ethan is ALL BOY! He is very active, into sports and running around. He is also sweet, introverted, affectionate, and laid back. These days he often has us laughing, he's starting to show a little bit of "clown" in him. He makes our hearts happy too. :)

Our 3rd Miracle

Our 3rd Miracle
Emsley Jeannette... Our surprise baby girl was born on June 11th, 2013 and came into the world 4 weeks early. Her first 2 weeks of life were spent in the NICU, but due to God's hands and the prayers of many people, she grew quickly and came home to join our family! She is an easy, sweet baby and we are enjoying getting to know her personality.

Sisters

Sisters
We fight one day and then the next day we're fine. We're always loud and crazy when we get together. We're very passionate. We've been through it all together, lots of ups and downs. We're eachother's biggest supporters.

Followers

Designed By:


Munchkin Land Designs


Credits

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved